I am so excited to be nominated as part of the Liebster Award! I have not been part of the blogging community for long and I feel honored to be part of this award. I was nominated by Thistles and Whistles. Thank you! 🙂
This award is chain award that was created by bloggers and passed on to create connections to make friends in the blogging community.
Here are the rules:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Thistles and Whistles 11 Questions were:
What is your dream job?
I am currently a 4th grade teacher. Although sometimes very overwhelmed, I am happy being a teacher and working with and hopefully making a difference in the lives of children. If I could do anything else though, I would like to work in the world of books. Whether that be in publishing or even blogging. Secretly, I have always wanted to write a children’s book. 🙂
Any hobbies you spend your free time pursuing?
Besides reading, I love shopping! I also enjoy doing yoga.
Do you have a hidden talent?
I am very good at making soup. I love soup. Some of my favorite recipes are lasagna soup, chicken pot pie soup, tortilla soup and corn chowder.
The best piece of advice you’ve received so far.
Don’t worry so much! Everything will work out in the end. (Good advice that I am still trying to listen to.)
Have you done something so unlike your personality and felt incredibly brave for accomplishing it?
Starting my blog! I am a quiet and reserved person. I work better alone and I like to sit back and observe before jumping into something. I have wanted to start a blog for a long time. I finally decided to go for it and I am so glad that I did.
If you could time-travel, which era would you like to visit?
If I had to time-travel, I think I would like to go to the future. I would like to see the new inventions that we come up with.
Something that you miss from the pre-internet/technology days and wish that it would come back again.
That is a hard one. I love technology!
What’s in your travel essentials bag?
A book, of course!
A living person you admire the most and why?
My mom. She is an amazing person. She is loving and kind and would do anything for you. She is strong. She speaks her mind (which I wish I did more) but can have a conversation with anybody. I find her hilarious and I love her.
Your frequent guilty purchases.
Purses! I love them. I have way too many but I always want more.
Your favourite season and what you love most about it.
The Fall. I live in New England so the weather is starting to cool off from the summer. The leaves are changing colors and everything is pumpkin flavored.
Here are my 11 questions:
- Who is your favorite character from a book you have read? Why?
- What is your favorite food?
- How many books did you read last year? How many books do you want to read this year?
- What is/ or was your favorite subject in school?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your ideal vacation spot? What will you do there?
- Do you prefer physical books, e-books or audiobooks?
- Do you have a favorite genre you like to read? Why?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your favorite song right now?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
I nominate the following for the Liebster Award:
1. Nerdy Talks
You can contact me here by leaving a comment or find me on Instagram and Twitter using @missashleybmine!