Like most people, at the beginning of the New Year, I like to make some resolutions for myself. This year, I have a few goals in mind when it comes to my reading and blogging.
Ashley’s 2015 Reading Resolutions:
- Read at least 30 books: In 2014, I surpassed my goal of 15 books and read 22. This year, I would like to try to read 30 books. That is about 2 1/2 books per month.
- Complete my monthly TBR jar challenges.
- Read more non-fiction books: I did not read any non-fiction in 2014. I really want to change this in 2015 and expand beyond the world of fiction.
- Read more classics: Just like non-fiction, I did not read any classics in 2015. However, I am hesitant to put a number on this goal. If I read at least one, that is improvement from 2014.
- Buy fewer books: With the discovery of Booktube and blogging, I have increased my book buying drastically. When I hear about a good book, I want to go out and buy it. I really want to buy less this year and read the books that I have. I want to try to read 5 books before I buy. This is going to be hard at first, but will help me decrease my TBR pile. I also want to utilize my wish lists more. When I hear about good books, I will put it on the list. When it is time to buy, I can use the list to determine the books I really want to read and stop buying books on a whim.
- Continue to work on my blog: I have only been blogging for a short time and I enjoy it so much. In the new year, I want to continue to blog on a regular basis. I want to work on the design and content of my blog. I am currently a fourth grade teacher and a full-time grad school student. I know I will be busy, but I don’t want this blog to be something that I stop because I am too busy. I want to make a conscious effort to work on this blog because I enjoy it so much.
January TBR jar pick:
I have made my first pick out of the TBR jar! This month I have to read a book that is over 500 pages. I had a hard time deciding between The House of Hades by Rick Riordan (which has been on my shelf for ages and I have heard so many great things about) and Cress by Marissa Meyers (another book that has been on my shelf forever and have heard nothing but great things about).
I have chosen The House of Hades! I can’t wait to jump back into the world of Percy Jackson and the Greek gods and goddesses.
Do you have any reading resolutions? Let me know what yours are in the comments section!